Larry Jaques

On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:09:26 -0400, the inscrutable Robatoy
spake:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

[snipperectomy]
Then why continue to rant so hard? If you're done, you're done. Hold
onto that vinegar and it'll eat a hole in your stomach. Repairs for
that are a helluva lot higher than the cost of a B&D sandah, sir.

I rant because I don't hold on to vinegar... I vent. Vinegar free here.
*G*

Meanwhile, 437 lines of rant later..."Oh, no, I don't hold on to
things." Uh, huh. giggle

It's very hard to become known 'personally' when staff turns over at the
rate theirs does. This must be their 10th 'manager' since they opened 3
years ago. You see, I haven't had time to be 'hardened' by the onslaught
of the BBB's (Big Box *******s)

You're still learning. This is a good thing. I aspire to learn
something new every day. (Every once in awhile it works.)

P.S: A man who "drops that kind of money" there usually doesn't buy
from the B&D line.

LOL... ONE piece of B&D..seriously... I bought that particular sander
because it has a tiny front roller and I thought that for the occasional
time I need to sand out a stubborn blemish from the inside corner of a
solid surface countertop that it would do the job. (BTW, did I tell you
I fabricate solid surface?). I bought the frickin' thing because of a
feature, NOT because I thought B&D makes wonderful tools.

Hey, I still have (and occasionally use) my 30+ y/o B&D tools. They
did the job they were purchased for and [insert Energizer theme here.]
With the exception of Crapsman, a tool's a tool. It's how you use it
that counts. (Verify that with your wife and mistresses.)

BTW, send pictures of the problems you have with solid counters. I
need something for which I can invent a solution.

I have tainted myself..smudge marks all over my reputation as a quality
tool buyer... I'm sorry I touched it..but I had a need...the rest of it
is all a blank...dunno WHAT happened....hell, I feel like the guy who
drove the baby-sitter home and shouldn't have done what he did...
Buy ONE piece of B&D! The guilt! =o]
Will my Lamello, Feins, Festools, Milwaukees EVER let me touch them
again??

Oh, man. I'll bet you regret that choice. I've gone with the baby
sitter option instead of a silly tool. domg OK, with that out
of the way, did you ever wonder why the bottom-of-the-line tool was
the only one who had that particular feature? Hmm, did the marketeers
see you coming, or what?

[sipperectomies continue]

In July, I'll have 20 years of sobriety. I've found that I can get
through the largest of calamaties unscathed, but it's the little
things like this which cause me the most amount of frustration and
are the hardest to deal with. Weird, ain't it? I've learned (for the
most part) to accept it and move on, and I hope you can, too.

So true. After I had to give up my nightly brandy(ies) with my dad
because my doctor put me on Naprosin for my OA, total sobriety ensued.

I used Naprosyn after sliding off a sandal onto a rock once. I had
been unable to walk due to the pain, but 20 minutes after the first
Naprosyn, I was up and moving again. Excellent stuff for bone pain.
800mg of Motrin 4x/day hadn't TOUCHED it.

Good going on the sobriety. I have a Blue Bunny low-carb yogurt for
my bedtime snack, taken with a capsule of acidophilus. Yum!

I'll get my satisfaction soon enough..and you're right...a cheap lesson
for me, but not for them. And it's knowing that they couldn't care
less...THAT is the part that irks me the most.

That's the way 95% of businesses now do their business. In return, I
patronize them only when they're the cheapest or only game in town.

Out with the bad air...in with the good.

Oh, very good! Holding one's breath until one turns blue does
absolutely no good with these types.

Thanks for the reminder this morning; my daily lesson.

You're welcome, sir. I'm glad you got something positive out of it as
well.

Ciao!

Help Save the Endangered Plumb Bobs From Becoming Extinct!
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online