Set Square

"Lobster" wrote in message
snip

I'm not unduly concerned given the low value of the item, but am
still interested on a point of principle... some weeks ago this was
discussed he if something comes with a 12-month warranty and is
replaced, I'm sure a couple of folk reckoned that the 12-month
"clock" restarted with the supply of the new item. Is that
definitely the case?

I don't think so - I think you merely get the residue of the original
warranty.

If you *can*, get your money back and then buy another *new* item. That way,
you *will* get a full warranty on the replacement.
--
Cheers,
Set Square