Colbyt

wrote in message
On 3 May 2005 11:43:29 -0700, "Milwaukee Tom"

wrote:

Gurus:

I had a new roof installed after tearing off the old one. The nail
points are protruding (nearly 1/4") through the underside of the deck,
in the attic. That could be a safety issue in areas that we use for
storage. I sure wouldn't want to come up between the rafters and slice
open my head on a sharp nail!

If I wanted to remedy the situation in some high-traffic areas, would
it be possble to cut the points off with some sort of snips, or do you
have a better idea?

Hit them with a shot of expanding foam or press a sheet of 1/2 inch

styrofoam
onto the nails.

This is an excellent suggestion.

No to snipping them off.

And just FYI, your MFG. warranty would be void if the nails did not come
through the roof decking. I think 1/8" minimum is the normal spec. Though I
am sure they will do their best to void it anyway if you have a problem.

Colbyt