Robatoy

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

I take the thing home and leave it in the box till the time came I could
use that feature;

Error. What would it take to plug it in and pull the trigger?

One would think that in this day and age they had done that for me at
the end of the assembly line. Basic quality control is not a new idea. I
have reason to believe that a new tool will work. No? I know B&D is not
high-end, but it should at least do the job it is supposed to do, no?
You can't tell me that outright garbage is okay for the other customers
who have NOT had the exposure to quality gear?

If 10 days is OK, then 12 is too. If 12 days is OK, then 18 is too. If 18
days is OK, then 30 is too. Why not just make it 5 years and be done with
it. The 18 year old at the return desk does not have much discretion in
interpeting corporate policy.

I'm approaching this from their viewpoint. Those kind of rules are
guide-lines. Those 'rules' are not like a road-sign for State Troopers
to hide behind looking for their quota. " Excuse me sir, does that sign
say SPEED LIMIT 56?"

Turns out that is a moot point as their advertised policy states 90 days.
http://tinyurl.com/co38p

Still, a little flexibility makes for good relations. The lack of
flexibility and discretion is what is wrong with those MegaMoFo giant
big-box *******s. They simple don't give a rat's ass. It opened my eyes.
And THAT is why I'm done with them. Sure they have been conveniently
located for my needs, but that only accounts for so much.

They want to hang a business relationship on 98 dollars or a '10-day'
technicality...then so be it.

Posted policy, not a technicality.
I'm surprised at you. With all your experience, you know B&D is low end,
you knew the HD policy was 30 days, you've been in business for a long time,
now you want special treatment.

You're damned right I want special treatment. It's just not smart to
**** off customers who drop the kind of money on that store like my
outfit does. If I go to the same restaurant for years, *I* expect the
better pork chop from the cooler.

I really think you have to take
responsibility for some of this for not checking it beforehand. They did
offer to send it for repairs.

I have taken responsibility for not checking this closer. I did not
expect them to be nit-pickers on policy like that. It was *I* who
ventured into the UnderWorld of Black & Decker and became sorely
disappointed in one quick hurry. MY mistake. But HD could have taken
advantage of my dilemma and scored some major points in customer
relations by taking care of me better... instead of "You bought
it...OHHMYYY...missed it by ten days..OOPSIES you lose........

Sorry for the lack of sympathy, but I just happen to disagree on this.

I wasn't looking for sympathy, I know where to find that in the
dictionary. I find you're a level-headed guy in your other posts here.
There are likely many who will disagree with this. *I*, on the other
hand, expect to be treated a bit more like I treat MY customers....
maybe that's my mistake, but I will never compromise that.