AL

I take it the flaring tool intended for plumbing is too small. If not, you
can pick one up cheap at the local home center.

Flaring tools intended for air conditioners can usually do 3/4" tubing. Do
you have an HVAC contractor buddy?

"JB" wrote in message
Hi guys,

Thanks to some very helpful advice from members of theis NG I am about
ready to put my new/old Quincy 5hp Compressor into service. After
installing a new check valve in the tank I now need to cut an flare the
main tupe that goes from the head into the compressor. I cut the tubing
to length but I have not found a place that carries a flaring tool large
enough. The OD of the tubing is 3/4", Inside diameter is 5/8". Does this
seem correct. I looked in MSC and they had a flaring tool for over
$100.00. I figured I would ask for help from the knowledgeable mebers of
this group.

Thanks for the help.

Joe...