lionslair at consolidated dot net

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

In article , Dale Hallmark wrote:

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
.. .

In article , Mike Henry
wrote:

Snip

Pen plotters rock.

Inkjets suck eggs.

Not for what I use them for.
I do full color land/cultural/topo feature maps in Arc-View up to 3' x 9'.
When ready to print, maybe 10 min to have it finished.
Pen plotters can't even do that. Well none I used could, or
maybe it was the software that was lacking?

As for accuracy of line, Pen plotters are the undisputed Champion.
As for speed of completing a complicated drawing, inkjet wins every time.

Dale

On a strictly line drawing I would put money on my Calcomp, but
nowadays everybody wants pretty pictures and huge blocks of text on
their architectural drawings, and for that Inkjets win.

And of course Pen Plotters are a hoot to watch.

I bet - But on an 8 x 10' table - they are a real artful thing drawing IC paths
or buildings. The table was in the IT offices and various engineering labs
would batch jobs for the 'operator' to process. It was great to get a simple
this or that and get to see what the Grads were working on. I think it was a
Calcomp - driven by IBM naturally.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn