PoP

Default What happens when Copper gets damp?

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:20:06 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

Eaves level on the house is my limit and I'm not comfortable then.

I won't even do that.

Interesting story time.....

About 8 years ago I worked for Lanier in Wokingham, and our office was
on the top floor. This was the 2nd floor, and the floors were quite
high.

We were sitting in the office one summer day and this ladder appears
at the window - just over the sill, not all the way up. And the ladder
started shaking as it does when someone is climbing up it. This ladder
must've been extended to about 40 feet, and when we looked out this
ladder must have been whipping back and forth a good couple of feet in
the central section as the guy climbed up/down.

A few seconds later this guy reaches the top rung - and carries on
climbing! I'm not kidding when I say he stood on the last rung but one
to reach up and clean the windows - his knees were at the top of the
ladder. He was just balanced very precariously at the top of this
shaky wooden ladder.

Unbelievable that someone could do that without falling off.

PoP

---
http://www.ukdiy.org.uk