Doug Miller

In article , "Ron" wrote:
Any suggestion for what to use for wooden signs with names and the like
routed into them?

I use ROak for most of my indoor projects, any thoughts on how it would hold
up outside?

Not worth a darn. White oak is a different story, though.

Other naturally rot-resistant woods include cedar, cypress, teak, ipe,
redwood, and black locust. Ipe is probably about as close as you'll get to a
wood that's rot-PROOF.

Routing ipe or black locust could be a bit of a challenge... :-), teak won't
be exactly a walk in the park, and redwood makes one hell of a mess.

I think I'd go for cypress or white oak, myself.

--
Regards,