Doug

You might consider white oak. It apparently has good weathering
qualities (unlike the red oak you are considering). Teak would also
work well.

Ron wrote:
Any suggestion for what to use for wooden signs with names and the

like
routed into them?

I use ROak for most of my indoor projects, any thoughts on how it

would hold
up outside?

I have a decent source of ROak shorts for $2 - $2.50 bf, S3S.

I don't want to paint them, I'd prefer to stain and top coat if

necessary?
What finishes & topcaots would be recommended, deck stains?

I'm also considering Ipe if I can find a decent source of 2' - 3'

shorts,
6 - 10" wide.

ThankX again all,

Ron