Lee Michaels

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:Ur6ge.1317$rw4.84@trndny03...

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message

The tubes are fine. I pulled the thing apart and got to thinking that
unless the pull switch is busted, there really isn't much else that can
go
wrong other than the ballast.

todd

If it is an heavy duty commercial fixture, buy a new ballast. If it is a
typical homeowner special from the big box store, buy another for half the
price of a ballast.

I have an undercounter kitchen fixture. I can buy a new fixture for 50¢
more than just the replacement bulb.

I hear ya. I have had to replace a couple of those. The last one, I could
buy the fixture all over town. But no one sold a replacement bulb (tube).

GE does this. They have big, fancy displays of their fixtures. But only
bulbs for a couple of them.

If you are going to buy any kind of undercounter light, check first for
ECONOMICAL replacement bulbs. Then buy the fixture that matches. I am on my
third fixture. The one I had before was an 18 volt, 24 inch tube. The only
one I could find that matched actually cost about 50% more than the original
fixture and tube.

But I can buy 15 volt, 18 inch tubes with no problem. So that is the fixture
I went with. I also bought a couple replacement tubes. I am in good shape
for awhile. Most of those under counter fixtures are considered to be
disposable.