John

"Martin Angove" wrote in message
In message ,
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
Martin Angove writes:
In message ,
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Incidently, if you fit a socket for the boiler, it should be
an unswitched socket. Alternatively, install a switched fused
connection unit (which will be double pole switching).

Presumably then a DP switched socket would be just as good?

In theory yes. In practice no, as the CORGI installer
probably won't understand why the rule is there, nor
be able to tell if the socket is DP switched.

Ooh good. I'm looking forward to that argument then :-)

I can just visualise the sudden leap in Dymo tape sales for all the "This
socket is double pole switched" labels that are going to be "required"