Owain

What is the best (& most compact) method of joining 2 core 25mm SWA to
a pair of 25mm tails? The reason for wanting to do this is the limited
space for the large bending radius of SWA at the end of its run to a
consumer unit. A service connection block (aka Henley) doesn't appear
to have suitable entry holes for a SWA gland.

I think the best way is to use one of the Lucy service connector boxes
as used by the electricity supply undertakings. I don't know where you'd
get them individually though, perhaps a wholesaler that deals in street
lighting fittings.

Failing that, position an adaptable box adjacent to the CU where
convenient and strip back the sheath and armour and terminate at the
adaptable box, but have the cores running through the box into the CU.

If using a metal box, the two holes for L and N must be linked by a slot
or in insulating or non-ferrous metal to prevvent eddy currents.

Owain