Default Hitachi blowing horizotal output transistor

I have a Hitachi TV model #50EX10B. I have replaced the horizontal
output transistor twice. I did just find a faulty transistor in the B+
supply that I think is part of a safety circuit (over voltage). Before
replacing with another HOT, what can I check that would keep blowing
this? All components in the immediate area check good. I have checked
the flyback windings best I could with a DMV, and don't see anything
shorted to ground. The main B+ fuse doesn't blow either. Thanks for any
feedback on this.