RainLover

On Mon, 9 May 2005 17:36:51 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

"RainLover" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 08 May 2005 11:51:46 -0700, Clark Magnuson
wrote:

I have tools made by Milwaukee, Makita, McCulloch, Bosch, Estwing,

and
Mitutoyo.
Those are very good tools.
I saw nothing of that quality in the Kent WA HF store a month ago.
Maybe my eyes were blinded by my disgust for what I DID see, and

maybe
the good stuff is locked up.

The one thing no one mentioned is when you find a HF that DOES sell
those named-brand tools.. they are all either reconditioned or factory
seconds.

james, seattle

BULL SH&*. The HF in New Hartford as well as the one in Syracuse and
Albany all sell DeWalt and Makita, Milwaukee and Estwing hammers. Plus
Stanley tools and Many other Name Brand tools as well. And they are NOT
repeat NOT seconds or refurbs.

If you feel so threatened by HF stores selling import items maybe you
should wake up and look around you. Your vehicle is probably an import
(GM,Ford,Dodge, all have plants in Canada or Mexico) Own an 'American
Made" Harley... Better take off all the import parts, Rims, Electronics
and now the engine in the V-Rod (Porche designed and produced the
castings and internals), the forks. Own a TV, there are NONE made in the
US.How about the computer you typed your message on....

I have NOTHING against 'foreign made' products, personally, stuff made
in the USA is either WAY too expensive, or not better than the Chinese
stuff, and as far as where my money ends up.... I agree, Fords are
made out the U.S. and Hondas IN COUNTRY..

I buy the best tool I can afford for the price. I think HF's biggest
problem is one of image... they blend the quality products in amongst
the CRAP at a ratio I'd put at 20% quality to 80% crap.

My point about HF is that in the Two local stores in the Seattle area,
I've NEVER seen a name-brand tool that isn't 'reconditioned' from the
factory.... NEVER. Sometimes it's hard to find the disclaimer... but
it's always there someplace. If your local store carries BRAND NEW,
PERFECT CONDITION, NEVER-USED electric handtools at a better price
than other stores, I'd love to come by and shop there... :-)

James, Seattle