Mark D. Zacharias

Jimmy wrote:
First off, Thanks again for the SM.

I took the unit apart to check for bad solder connections and for
cracks. All looks good.

I plugged it up and the relay(s) clicked.I put it back together
enough to power it on(I thought anyway) No display or response from
the power button. But is was doing more tht before.

So, I continued putting it back together and plugged it up (no click
like b4), pressed the power button and
it powered on. Of course after a few seconds it shows AMP ERR.

As you may know, it will power down after a few seconds if it detects
an error. So it is either DC on the outputs or some other problem.

I was thinking it remembers the last power down state (if there is an
error and it shuts itself down) it will not
come back on until it loses memory(resets).

Also, the power packs that Pioneer makes and sells are NOT cheap!

PAC010A: $29.99 and the PAC011A: $34.98. That's from Pacificsemi.com.

Do you know of place that sells these any cheaper? At those prices,
it may not be feasible to repair this unit.

What are you thoughts on this?

Thanks
Jimmy

Some recent Pioneer models have to have the protection state cancelled by
holding certain buttons while powering ON, or something like that, even
after the defective output IC is replaced.
Yeah, the cost of the IC's is a bummer, but there's really no alternative.
I'll see if I can find the protection cancel info, but you may be hosed on
this one due to the parts cost.

Mark Z.