Mark D. Zacharias

Kevin Van Sant wrote:
On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:28:56 GMT, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote in message
:

To answer your question, yes. I've done lots of SR-63's with this
problem. If you can't find the cap pretty quick, I'll get the
location for you. With the cover off and the front of the piece
toward you, look over the top about 4 inches in, and 5 inches or so
in from the right side. You'll see several components in a browned
"baked" area. That's where the cap is. To the left of one of the
regulator heat sinks, as I recall.

Mark, thanks a bunch. I had to wait for the capacitors to arrive by
mail, but they got in today. and five minutes later the Marantz is
fixed. I do love the usenet archives for this sort of thing. Saved
me $100 at least.

Kevin Van Sant
jazz guitar

http://www.kevinvansant.com
to buy my CDs, hear sound clips, see videos, and get more info.

Visit my new Instant Download Mp3 Store at:
http://www.onestopjazz.com/mp3-store.html

Alternate site for gig tape soundclips
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/kevinvansant_music.htm

Hoo-Hoo!