Don Foreman

"Two and a Half" wrote in message
I currently have a propane torch that I use for jointing using lead free
solder but I now need to use a torch that is hot enough to enable silver
solder to flow and seal copper joints with a good degree of flame control.
At the same time it has to be reasonably small enough to store away as I
have no room to store large oxy-acetelene cylinders. I need a UK supplier.

Any info greatly appreciated

In compliment to Andrew Werby's good suggestions for heat, have a look at
Harris Blockade.
http://www.jwharris.com/blockade/details/

lower temp than silversolder, good "build" on copper, excellent strength.

I think Harris products are available in the UK. Dang, I could have
brought you a couple of sticks this trip. Next trip in August, let me
know....