michael

Robert Swinney wrote:
Agreed, Jim! O/A is the way to go for silver soldering. You may have to
"tailor" the flame a bit and keep it moving on small parts, but the
technique is easily learned.

Bob Swinney
"jim rozen" wrote in message

In article , Dave August
says...

The best choice for Silver Soldering/Braising is a propane torch.

I've never had much luck with air/propane on anything other than
tiny pieces. I would actually recomend O/A for anthing larger than
about one cubic inch of material.

Jim

--
please reply to:

Oxy/propane works well. I've not used much acetylene since trying out
propane. The lower heat is an inconvenience sometimes, but usually not
too big a deal.

buckshot