raden

In message ,
"{daZza}" writes
Harvey Van Sickle wrote:
On 09 May 2005, Jethro_uk wrote

Hi all,

we have a telephone service from Telewest (Birmingham). The Master
socket has an extension taken off it with wires 2,3 and 5. This
feeds 4 phones, all of which work perfectly.

.... ...

Next step is to try at a friends house - see if the fax is kaput,
but I got it from work, where it worked on Thursday.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful ...

I think "ringer equivalents" affect the Telewest system the same as BT
-- maybe not; someone here will know.

Certainly, though, adding the fax has put more than the standard 4
RENs on the system; that'd be my guess as to why the ringing is all
screwed up.

Yep, look at the bottom of the equipment, should have a "ren" number on the
bottom, most line can take between 3-5 ren. I suspect that with 4 telephones
and a fax you are prob well over this.

"1" is the lowest REN you can have. Most equipment is way below this in
practice, I think you need to investigate the wiring. If you really want
to see of it's REN related, remove the other extensions and try it again
--
geoff