Steven Briggs

In message , Max
writes
Hi

Im trying to fix my wooden framed kitchen window, I removed the glass
and the old putty and ordered some glazing putty from screwfix, the
stuff in a tube. I started piping it onto the frame and noted it was
very much like bath sealant and it was very messy to work with. Its
done now but im not very happy with the results.

Generally my question is what should I be using to fix glass into a
wooden window frame.

Thank you.

Agree with Chuck.
The stuff you've used, probably an acrylic (so like bath sealer), should
work well. Certainly I've found it lasts much longer than the ancient
linseed oil stuff.
You do need to practice a bit to get a nice finish with the acrylic, and
after you've made your nice fillet, it does shrink and "dish" somewhat.
TBH, on new frames with wooden beading, I don't use any putty at all, a
mastic on a roll product called "Flexistrip" is far, far better.

--
steve