VCR Gymnast

Well, in that case I suggest he send it to your shop. However, as I
said, I don't think it is simply a matter of dirty heads. My experience
is limited to dealing with the service centers that are "Authorized" by
Panasonic, Sony, and/or JVC, and they all charge $50-75 to diagnose the
problem, which then goes toward the final cost of the repair, parts,
and labor. If the customer doesn't want them to go ahead, they keep
your $50-75. I assumed that Ken tried to adjust the tracking without
success. If it is just tracking, he doesn't need any service center.
I'm not sure if Quasar made any high-end models. If they did, I would
recommend an authorized service center. Depending on where he lives, he
might have to ship the VCR, which adds to the cost. The important thing
is that Ken has some good options. If your shop can do the diagnosis.
realignment, and cleaning for less than $50, then it sounds like your
shop is the answer to his problem.