Don Foreman

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
wrote in message

Overheating is *never* a problem, being that it's slow and I only heat it
enough that the brass flows. I would suppose a good hot O/A torch could
be
a little ornery in this regard, but I haven't used one yet so I can't say.
I'm sure it's nothing experience can't fix...

Brazing is a lot easier and faster with O/A or oxypropane than with
propane-air torchzilla. Brazing a joint less than 1" distant from a
previously-brazed joint in 1/8" rod is no problem at all and it only takes
a few seconds to do.

An exception to this might be larger work, as perhaps brazing cannon
alls -- that example borrowed from Ron Reil.