badgolferman

SteveB, 5/3/2005, 12:48:58 PM, XXNde.14135$_K.11421@fed1read03 wrote:

Spring for a new one and be done with it.

Do it once. Do it right.

The wife called and let me know she has already bought a new one. It
looks like I will be installing a new Whirlpool tonight.
http://www.whirlpoolappliances.ca/en...U1100XTP&colou
r=B&sub=features&PHPSESSID=936eacf934f7be35117aad1 562d8aa0b
Fortunately it was on sale and had a ding so she got them down to $299.
I didn't know you could bargain at Lowe's.

I will probably also extend the power cord that is only long enough to
reach the hookup of the machine. Anything wrong with adding Romex to
the existing line and using wirenuts? I'll make sure it doesn't sit on
the floor where it could get wet.

--
No matter what happens, someone will find a way to take it too
seriously.