BobS

Now where did I hear that before..........;-) ^^^^^

Bob S.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On 9 May 2005 05:04:30 -0700, the inscrutable
spake:

A friend has a wooden post in her front yard with a light attached.
There are 2 spots the size of golf balls that, I guess, rotted out and
were filled with what looks like wood putty. She would like them
repaired. At first I thought of using Bondo, but then I figured the
"plug" would just fall out like the wood putty did. At this point, I'm
thinking that the way to go is to turn the hole into a mortise and fill
it with another piece of wood, dutchman style.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Best:
----

Replace the whole post.

To get by cheaply:

Drill a couple splayed reinforcing holes (1/4"+) to fill with
Bondo, then Bondo the entire mess. Quick, cheap, won't fall out,
and sands/primes easily. The repair will outlast the post.

* Blessed are those who can * Humorous T-shirts Online
* laugh at themselves, for they * Comprehensive Website Dev.
* shall never cease to be amused *
http://www.diversify.com