Koz

Haven't looked recently but at auctions a couple of years ago (before
the economy took the nose dive), those big diesel powered units were
going for almost nothing. In most cases, the auctioneer had to joke
around to get someone to take it for 20 bucks just to get it off the
floor (non trailered units).

These were units that WERE started and tested on site and ran well.
They were older though so may not relate to the one you are looking at.

Koz

Ignoramus29781 wrote:

For my consideration is a Miller Big D4 400 amp (I think; some sources
claim 350 amp) diesel powered welder. It is powered by a Perkins 4
cylinder diesel, with 1490 hours on it. Seems to be in okay basic
shape, although it is lacking side panels. The trailer is lunette
type. I cannot try to run it and there is no obvious place to try
turning the rotor. I wonder if this welder is worth anything.