Ben

Default PlasPlugs tile cutter?? What a load of pants

Hi Reader,

The piece of tile you want to keep, after the cuttting process, should
be butted up against the fence (plastic straight edge) NOT the part
that will end up as the off-cut.

You're right, butting the off cut against the fence does cause the
problem. But, in this case the fence would not go on the other side as
the tile was too big.

Last night I did have some success with it. I needed to cut out a slot
for a pipe and so I used the cutter to cut the edges of the slot. This
time I had plenty of tile on both sides of the blade to grab hold of.
I also used a pencil line and minimal water in the tank to prevent
excessive splashing as suggested. And I have to say I got a pretty
cut.

Anyway thanks again for all the help and suggestions.

Cheers,
Ben