al wrote:
":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

There's enough ppl who flame for not trying the basics first or

Googling a
bit. Like I said, there was not going to be a fire as a result of

trying
what I was proposing, so there was little harm in trying.

I agree with Al on this one. As long as you know not to connect L or N
to the E, on a lighting circuit you could pretty well connect the other
wires up at random and not cause a danger. A handy feature of lighting
circuits for newbies.

Or consider doing the job correctly, irrespective of what need
redecorating...

Not a luxury I have with a baby on the way in 6 weeks and a sh*t-load

of
other stuff needing urgent attention!!

Reality decides the day.

NT