DL

"Tattooed and Dusty" wrote in message
ups.com...
Am I missing something here, or could you simply go measure the bed?

Andrew

The boards are rabbeted so that steel (stainless) strips can bolted on with
the wood still proud of the metal strips. Additionally there are holes
drilled in the wood and rabbeted that allows the bed assembly to be mounted
to the frame.

The truck is being restored over 400 miles from where I live and to make
matters worse, the truck is completely disassembled at this point so taking
measurements is not possible. The rust and rot at the front of the bed was
such that I wouldn't have been able to take the measurement if I wanted to.
The front panel of the box is being completely replaced due to the rust.
Fortunately the only real rust problem we have found. Apparently they did
this alot as the replacement is 14 gauge steel rather than the 16 gauge
original. The guy doing the restoration took dimensions the best he could,
but I am not completely comfortable with the accuracy of them and wanted to
confirm his measurements.

As these boards are sold as aftermarket items, the dimensions are known, I
just need to find someone that has them and is willing to share them.

David