Steve Pearce

On Fri, 06 May 2005 10:23:34 GMT, "matt" wrote:

A appreciate that this maybe slightly OT, but it is DIY and I am sure others
here will be able to help.

I have a GPS reciever that also recieved RDS broadcasts (i.e on a standard
FM frequency)

The current GPS unit uses a single wire with a phono type plug as an
antenna.

As an alternative there is a "Y Adapter" avaliable that plugs inbetween the
radio and aerial which gives the GPS unit the use of the main car antenna
(improving reception). See links below. The official splitter costs around
35 Euro, but I am sure that there is not much to it and a DIY solution would
work.

Plugs and bits are avaliable from maplin, but can any recommend the best way
to go about this?

http://www.gns-gmbh.com/en/ Quick Find: 4037735101388
http://www.navigon.com/site/int/en/s.../universal/102

Be aware that some cars have "active" aerials and a DC voltage is sent
by the radio via the co-ax.