:::Jerry::::

"al" wrote in message
. uk...
":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
news.net...
That is my point, you tried something that basic knowledge said

could
not be done, you shouldn't have even tried it - what if this
'exercise' had not be as harmless as you thought or indeed it

turned
out to be ?

Not really ... I know enough not to be stupid.

Well, that is a mater of opinion - bad drivers never consider
themselves as bad drivers...

and it didn't work. I disconnected it and posted here to make

sense
of what
I'd done and why it didn't work - which I now perfectly

understand.

My point is, you should have posted here first surely, but then

basic
circuit knowledge should have told you all you need to know...

There's enough ppl who flame for not trying the basics first or

Googling a
bit. Like I said, there was not going to be a fire as a result of

trying
what I was proposing, so there was little harm in trying.

How did you know this, yet you didn't know that what you were doing
would not work, sorry but you are adding two plus two and coming up
with five as the answer IMO...

Or consider doing the job correctly, irrespective of what need
redecorating...

Not a luxury I have with a baby on the way in 6 weeks and a

sh*t-load of
other stuff needing urgent attention!!

Well at least you know how to do something right, or was that also an
accident waiting to happen ?!...