The Natural Philosopher wrote:
antgel wrote:

Hi all,

I need to reroute a cable that is currently under my (awful) chipboard
floor. Is the best way of doing this to attempt to lift the chipboard
slabs or to cut them where the cable is and then replace? And if
cutting is best, what's the tool of choice?

Antony

Cut at an angle with a jigsaw, so that when you put the bit back down,
it don't fall through the 'ole.

Hopefully it glues back flush, but if not use a gap filling glue like no
more ********, or car body fillah, and tamp it down flush when finished.

Some likes to use hole cutters, but the bits always fall through
afterwards for me.

Just bodge it sensibly, and glue it back afterwards is the rule here.
Nothing too fancy.

I simply cut a hole with a jig saw and then put battens underneath the
chipboard (screwed to joists or under the remaining floor) to support
the cut out piece when it's replaced. It's much cheaper than the
special bits you need for a Trend Routabout and square holes are often
more convenient.

--
Chris Green