al

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
news.net...
That is my point, you tried something that basic knowledge said could
not be done, you shouldn't have even tried it - what if this
'exercise' had not be as harmless as you thought or indeed it turned
out to be ?

Not really ... I know enough not to be stupid.

and it didn't work. I disconnected it and posted here to make sense

of what
I'd done and why it didn't work - which I now perfectly understand.

My point is, you should have posted here first surely, but then basic
circuit knowledge should have told you all you need to know...

There's enough ppl who flame for not trying the basics first or Googling a
bit. Like I said, there was not going to be a fire as a result of trying
what I was proposing, so there was little harm in trying.

Or consider doing the job correctly, irrespective of what need
redecorating...

Not a luxury I have with a baby on the way in 6 weeks and a sh*t-load of
other stuff needing urgent attention!!