Tom Miller

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
In article , Mike Henry
wrote:

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message

"Mike Henry" wrote in message
Sorry - I already have an HP desktop pen plotter sitting on the shelf

and
that's probably worth less than yours, if that's possible.

Mike

Yeah, I have tried to give it away before and had no luck then either.

hate to just throw it away however.
Maybe someday I will see if it has any interesting pieces in its
construction that I can scrounge
for something else.

Dale,

If we wait another 10-20 years, they'll probably bring something on

Ebay,
assuming they make it that long.

Come to think of it, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to see what the

pens
and paper fetch today, assuming you have any of that lying around.

Mike

I have a Calcomp 2036, E-size,8-pen plotter, and I use it almost every
day.
I run it off my Mac, and use for all sorts of CAD drawings and sheet
metal layouts.
It is so accurate I plot things life size and spray adhesive the paper
to the sheet metal.
Just cut to the lines and it is perfect every time.
Really great for multiple hole layouts.

Pen plotters rock.

Inkjets suck eggs.

I still have a GRX 400. Its handy for checking drawings before you send
stuff out for laser or waterjet cutting. Plot it out full size and make sure
it fits. I'm doing that for the top of a boiler for a Sentinel steam truck
this week. I do a bit of work as a volunteer for the local science museum