DL

Default OT Kinda: Wood bed board dimensions for 1951 Ford pickup bed

Off topic, but woodworking related...

I am in the process of getting our (actually my wife's) 1951 Ford F1 pickup
restored. I would like to make the wood out of birdseye maple for a
different look than the traditional oak. The original boards are faily
rotted in the several sections so I don't have specific measurements that I
feel comfortable relying on. I have done several Google seaches and not
returned the dimensions I am looking for. The vendors that sell them have
not been willing to give me the dimensions understandably, and I don't want
to drop the $250-300 to get the dimensions from a new set of oak boards.

I do plan to post on some of the old truck enthusiast websites, but I
thought I would post here to see if by chance anyone has the dimensions of
the boards. I think that they are the same from 1948 - 1956 just in case
someone has a different year than ours.

Thanks,

David