DoN. Nichols

In article ,
ff wrote:
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Jeff R wrote:

I'm using both IE 6 and Firefox 1.0. ...
You appear to have set the color for links to #ffffff (white), which
doesn't
show up well against the tan background. ...

Hmmm ... I'm using Firefox 1.0.3 and I get tan-ish (not white) text on
black background. I wonder if we have some options set differently. Bob

I also see tan text on black background, with Netscape 7.2

Is it possible that both of you have the foreground and
background colors pre-selected in the preferences for whatever reason?
I saw a very light color text for the links against a tan background,
before the change. (Using Mozilla.) The change gave it a sort of purple
link color, which was a much better contrast to the light tan
background.

Note, in the past, I've had trouble with people seeing on my web
site different colors from what I saw. The one who was willing to work
through it with me turned out to see what I saw when he used Netscape
instead of Internet Explorer. And as another interesting factor, when
he changed the "number of colors" presented in his screen setup
(Windows), he saw sort of what I saw even using IE if he set to the
minimum number of colors, and saw exactly what I saw with the maximum
number of colors. It was only with the middle selection 64K colors,
IIRC) that he saw vastly different from what I saw.

I could not perform the tests locally, because the Sun
workstation showed the same with any selection of colors (either 8-bit
or 24-bit).

I should have asked him what his graphics card was -- on the
theory that either the card or the driver for it could have contributed
to the problems.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564