Mike

In message , Carolyn
writes
Mike
wrote:
"Carolyn" wrote in message

I had a surveyor round the house as part of my Remortgage process.
He used his sensor on all the downstairs internal walls and said
that it showed him damp readings in the front lounge, dining room,
and on the hallway walls.

My comment would be if he is a proper surveyor (member of RICS) he
should know this instrument is not supposed to be used like this, and
if not, ask for a proper surveyor to come and do the job.

Why is the instrument not supposed to be used like this?
He was from Countrywide Surveyors, thats all I know,

It's designed to measure damp in wood - for wet rot, roofspace condensation
and so on.
It is NOT intended for measuring brick, plaster or stone walls.