al

"John Rumm" wrote in message
news:427e63ba$0$2388$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-

Oh yes I agree, but sometimes those question and answers are coming
*after* work has started, when the person doing the work obviously
doesn't have a clue to start the job - no problem with people asking
how to do the job, I just wish that they would ask first and be
realistic about their abilities...

Perhaps you missed part of the thrust of my question, i.e. since what the
OP is doing is outside the scope of part P anyway (i.e. a minor work) how
is it supposed to help? Part P makes the law into an ass whichever way you
look at it.

Enough already with the "past his abilities" stuff! ;P

I'm not entirely clueless and do understand basic safety with electricity.
I also know a fair bit about electricity at a slightly lower level from an
engineering degree many years ago. From that, I know I'm not likely to set
the neighbourhood alight by connecting a cable in a lighting circuit to see
what happens. I'm also not dumb enough to leave something in place if I
don't think it's right. Thus my original post.

The only reason I've run into difficulties here is because of impractical
house design and the impossibility of doing something right without
destroying my kitchen