Richard Faulkner

In message , Carolyn
writes
Mike
wrote:
"Carolyn" wrote in message

I had a surveyor round the house as part of my Remortgage process.
He used his sensor on all the downstairs internal walls and said
that it showed him damp readings in the front lounge, dining room,
and on the hallway walls.

My comment would be if he is a proper surveyor (member of RICS) he
should know this instrument is not supposed to be used like this, and
if not, ask for a proper surveyor to come and do the job.

Why is the instrument not supposed to be used like this?
He was from Countrywide Surveyors, thats all I know,

Say No More!!! I think they have to do 100 surveys a day, and write
them up before they go to bed.

so I assumed
he was a Chartered Surveyor with his luminous jacket, ladders, big torch...

thanks for all the comments so far; making interesting reading!

--
Richard Faulkner