Ian Stirling

Default Digital Camera power supply

wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:48:36 +0100,
rnet[dot]co[dot]uk
(Simon Gardner) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

I have bought a digital camera in US and the salesman assured me that
the power supply will work in UK. Before I plug it in, I will
appreciate a reconfirmation please.

The power supply unit states:

Input : 100-240V~50/60Hz 0.12A
Output : 5.3V---1A The line between 5.3 and 1A has a solid top line
and three broken lines under it.

Yup. I sourced my new Camera in the US and saved US$1500 in the process
(including Shipping & VAT). The charger works just fine in the UK and in
other parts of Europe. Easiest thing is to replace the lead - about four
quid at Maplin. I've actually got three leads in my camera case for it (one
US, one French and one UK).

Thought about it but the lead has a "capicator" type of unit in the
middle and was not sure what this was for. The adaptors in Maplin were
just straight wires.

Inductor.
It's there to absorb noise, and may be needed for the camera to meet
emissions regulations when powered from it.
Safety-wise no effect.