Patriarch

"Tattooed and Dusty" wrote in
oups.com:

Sometimes used has appeal, though I must admit buying used usually
means a lag in the work time before running. As I am starting going on
making custom furniture that usually isn't ideal. I have also regretted
the last two used equipment purchases, though I learned from both of
them.

I feel somewhat lost as to the comments about 1/2" thick blades. In my
initial post I mention I have been disapointed with the performance
using a 1/2" blade. When purchased I was under the assumption that a
3/4" blade wouldn't work all that well for resawing with a 14" bandsaw,
and to use a 1/2'. Am I missing something here?

Thanks again for the comments that I can understand

I am so far from being a bandsaw expert, but the Michael Fortune article in
FWW stirred the pot significantly, in that he was consistently able to get
excellent results, without spending serious Euros on a monster Italian made
saw. I recommend a trip to the library, if possible.

Patriarch