Lobster

antgel wrote:

I have a room with two ceiling lights switched on one switch. Is it
difficult to convert this to a double switch? Logically, how do I
modify the wiring?

google 2 way switch to find a pic of the citcuit, then youl see
Or Maybe Ive misunderstood

I think so - the OP's referring to a two-gang switch I think! (or maybe
*I've* misunderstood!?)

Antgel: a two-way switch is one which lets you control a light from two
locations, typically on the landing (ie up and downstairs); a two-gang
switch is a faceplate which has two switches on it (the switches could
be one-way or two-way!)

To convert to a one-gang to a two-gang switch isn't entirely
straightforward I'm afraid; basically you'll need to replicate the
cables going to the original switch. Imagine if you wanted to do the
same job, but installing another one-gang switch a couple of feet away:
that would be exactly the same level of work required.

So without going into all the details, assuming you have conventional
wiring, the main requirement will be for a second cable to be wired into
the switch, up the wall and into the ceiling space above the light
fitting. Do you need more info, or is that enough for you to know it's
not going to happen?!!

David