Default Digital Camera power supply

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:48:36 +0100, rnet[dot]co[dot]uk
(Simon Gardner) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

I have bought a digital camera in US and the salesman assured me that
the power supply will work in UK. Before I plug it in, I will
appreciate a reconfirmation please.

The power supply unit states:

Input : 100-240V~50/60Hz 0.12A
Output : 5.3V---1A The line between 5.3 and 1A has a solid top line
and three broken lines under it.

Yup. I sourced my new Camera in the US and saved US$1500 in the process
(including Shipping & VAT). The charger works just fine in the UK and in
other parts of Europe. Easiest thing is to replace the lead - about four
quid at Maplin. I've actually got three leads in my camera case for it (one
US, one French and one UK).

Thought about it but the lead has a "capicator" type of unit in the
middle and was not sure what this was for. The adaptors in Maplin were
just straight wires.