George

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message
Andy Dingley writes:

I've never seen a 14" machine that could really use 3/4" blades.

My Jet JWB14SDX with a Riser seems to handle one. I have a low-tension
PS Wood 3/4" blade.

Have you done any comparison with a 1/2" blade? People more experience

that
I am has said the 1/2" actually gives a better cut with less resistance on

1`4" saw. That is the only one I've tried so far so I don't know if it
makes a difference.

That thin Suffolk 3/4 they market for resawing on a 14" has done a great job
for me. I was reluctant, having used 1/2 for years, but the guy said I
could send it back for two if it wasn't all he said. Seems to be, though,
for Andy's benefit, it measures a touch under 3/4....