George

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message
Yes I made myself a couple of curved tool rest, for clock and counter
clock turning, use them on deeper bowls inside mostly, very seldom on
the outside, reason being that a round bar, which I used to make them,
gives you more overhang of your tool, even at the best of positioning,

That's what I see elsewhere - a rounded top is great, but one with the
straight drop on the side facing the piece would be better for snuggling up.
Other than OEM cast iron rests, doesn't seem to be a pattern folks follow.
I feel lucky in having my iron "S" rest, but reach is most suited to a 4 or
5" deep turning.

Come to think, I do also have the offset arm I used to reach around behind
on the Delta.