Joseph Meehan

MC wrote:
I have a question about proper running ductwork in attic.

I have had someone tell me best to have ductwork in an attic next to
and even run between ceiling joist when possible and have the
installation blown in on top instead of having the ductwork hanging
from several feet above the joists. Said that even with insulation
wrapped around the ductwork, the heat/cold in the attic will
eventually seep into the duct and will get a blast of unheated/hot
air out when first comes on. By having the duct as close to the
living space when possible and insulating as much on top of the
ductwork keeps the heat/cold loss to a minimum.

I can see where this may make sense, But is this done in any real
installations or would be praticle. I have seen somewhat both ways of
being done, not so sure if that was intended when I have seen the
ductwork laying between or across ceiling joists instead of being
hung a few feet above ?

Any ideas as to do/not do it that way ?

Thanks,
MC

I have a couple of ducts in my attic and they sure are not hanging.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit