SteveB

"JimL" wrote in message
I need to cut about a dozen brick into thirds and quarters. I've
not had any success just scoring and breaking with a hammer and
chisel. Never once got a clean break. Keep trying???

Only if you got a few thousand, and are willing to cut them all to get
enough pieces the right size.

Rent a wet saw or ask around. Accurate cuts. No dust. The RIGHT way to do
it. And the easy way.

Batta bing batta boom done.

Dry cutting will have you coughing up dust for a month. Don't do it.
Oldtime miners died from the same thing. Very dangerous. Holding small
pieces of brick in your hand whilst cutting with a power blade is an
application for a Darwin Award in the making. And it is very hard to anchor
them down so they cut straight and don't take off like a slap shot.

Wet saws are a joy after you have used one on a project. Not really
expensive, either, and available used for a song sometimes. Maybe a friend
has one.

Do it once. Do it right.

Steve