Ralph Hertle

Charles:

wrote:

[clip]

Actually, blacks have had rights ever since the beginnings of the

USA.

This is funyy. It is a fact Civil Rights law was pass in less than 50
years. If they had all the rights, why was it necessary to pass the
law.

All people had the rights that were identified in the U.S. Constitution.

Specific racists and pragmatist businessmen violated those rights time and
time again. The prevailing attitude towards blacks in the south was far
worse than in the north.

The changes in the general attitude took a long time to revise. I suspect
that because Christianity doesn't have individual rights as a central tenet
the understanding of rights took far longer to revise than it would have
otherwise.

Are you trying to tell me the slaves happily got on the ship, came here
and worked happily as equals?

No. Their rights were abused. Most Christians, and the USA was at that time
a mostly Christian society, looked the other way.

Who are you trying to kid? Even George
Washington owned slaves, Thomas Jefferson did what to his female slave?

Actually, Jefferson and his woman were involved in a long term live in
relationship. In a different society they might have been married.

[clip]

Not only did we enslaved the Africans, we genocidally eliminated the
Native Americans.

The government of the USA began to take military action against specific
warring NAs after the attacks got out of hand. They did not practice
genocide. The mass destruction of the buffalo was mostly motivated by the
trade in cheap hides, and the trade was conducted by individuals.

The government of USA was not as busy as it should have been in defining
the rights of individuals.

The NAs were mostly killed by the diseases brought by the
European-Americans. Ninety percent of them died due to diseases.

It is not true that "we" or the government of the USA "genocidally
eliminated the Native Americans." Get the facts straight.

NA population only started to recover in the 1970's.
Go take a look.

That's fine with me.

[clip]

Oh sure, our constitution have evolved - well so have theirs.

That's OK too. Notice, however, that the PRC state retains total control
over the rights of the individual. Technically, the PRC citizens don't have
rights, they have regulated priveledges.

The PRC is indeed going to be changing.

Oh please, China's been changing for the better for the last 20 years.
Have you even been to China?

Lucky for them.

When are they going to get the nads to shrug off the "dictatorship" (a term
used in the Constitution of the PRC to describe the PRC), and create
universal protected liberty and rights for all their people.

It appears that you are an apologist for the Communist component of the PRC
society, and that you are not an express advocate of individual rights.

Ralph Hertle