Dick

On Mon, 02 May 2005 11:54:18 -0400, Goedjn wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2005 02:54:01 -0400, Brett Miller
wrote:

Perhaps you are use to 40 psi, but I am not. The shower is very
pathetic, the water from the sink hardly flows and takes forever to
fill the sink. The sprayer from the sink just dribbles. The hose
pressure is too low to clean anything.

If that's so, (and it may well be), it's not because 40 PSI
is too low a pressure. THere's probably something between
where you measure the pressure and your point-of-use
(like, 20 of head from a basement to an upper story
bath?) that's reducing your dynamic pressure even
further.

In my case, everything goes through a water softener first (except the
outside hose bibs.) That's probably why 60psi seems only adequate to
me. No doubt some restriction in the softener.

Dick