JimL

On Mon, 02 May 2005 02:54:01 -0400, Brett Miller
wrote:

I realize I am not very knowledgeable in this area, that is why I am
asking for help.
Perhaps you are use to 40 psi, but I am not. The shower is very
pathetic, the water from the sink hardly flows and takes forever to
fill the sink. The sprayer from the sink just dribbles. The hose
pressure is too low to clean anything.

Maybe 40 psi is good for you. Maybe it saves you a lot of money by
reducing the amount of water you use.

However, I am very conscious of the amount of water I use. I pay for
it. I would like it at a higher pressure. My last house had great
pressure. The neighbors have great pressure.

I would like to fix the problem.

BM

On 1 May 2005 06:39:42 -0700, wrote:

And what's the problem? 40PSI at the house sounds like it's about
where it should be.

My 40 year old house had a 3/4 inch line from the meter in the alley
to the house located 75 feet away. Replacing that line with a 1 inch
line solved all my water problems.

You probably need to replace your lines.