Jeff Wisnia

Hopkins wrote:
Yeah, I'm in the acetone camp. Hadn't thougth of nail polish remover,
but that might do it.

And, not to sound like a smarta$$, but I always rinse veggies before
preparing them.

Somebody let me know if acetone actually works for that, I seriously
doubt that it will.

Because....

Sometimes I need to rejuvinate a paint brush thats gotten hard because I
didn't do as good a job of cleaning it as I thought before putting it away.

The technique I use is to slip the brush into a kitchen Baggie and pour
a small amount of acetone in with it, then smooth the Baggie up around
the brush handle, snap a rubber band tightly around it, and stand the
bagged brush in a coffee can just in case a leak develops. I leave it
that way for a day or two and when I remove it, the brush is fine, and
ready to rinse in paint thinner and wash out properly. That approach
econimizes the amount of acetone needed and also keeps it from evaporating.

I've never had a Baggie leak or disolve while doing that, which is why
I'm dubious about the effectiveness of acetone for solving the OP's
little problem.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia